Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas is Upon Us

It's Christmas Eve!  Yep.  I like Christmas a whole, whole lot, so today is a great day for me.  Since we're going to my grandparents tomorrow, we had to change up the Golden family tradition a bit, but it has still been great.   What did we do today?
9:30 am - worked out (probably a good idea, seeing as I've pretty much eaten my weight in Christmas candies, cookies, cakes, etc. that my mom has made)
11:00 am - traditional Christmas brunch (we had to move it to Christmas Eve) complete with biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, fruit, and some great juice
12:00 pm - watched Miracle on 34th Street, aka, my favorite Christmas movie ever.  I bet I've seen it at least 50 times.  Maybe more.
3:00 pm - started packing for Kansas, showered, and so on
6:00 pm - Christmas Eve service at church

Me and Cooper before the Christmas Eve service
7:00 pm - took a drive around Fantasy Land Forest.  What's that, you ask?  Only the greatest display of Christmas lights in Washington county.  It's a true Oklahoma show, including bison, a teepee, and a bucking broncho.
8:00 pm - traditional Christmas eve meal of hors deurves (is that you how spell it?).  We always make homemade queso, cheeseball and crackers, wings, guac, pinwheels, and a bunch of stuff I can't remember.  I don't really know why we do that, I guess we just always have.  Weird.
9:00 pm - opened presents (this also had to moved to Christmas Eve because of our trip to Kansas).
Tomorrow at approximately 7:00 am we'll be loading up and heading out to Colony, Kansas - population 300ish.  A bunch of my family will be there.  I'm convinced it will be wonderful.
Merry Christmas to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment